Microneedling is a very simple, safe, effective, and minimally invasive therapeutic technique for skin rejuvenation, acne scars, scars/burn scars, hyperhidrosis, stretch marks, and many more.
Areas of the body that can be treated with microneedling:
Microneedling is especially safe for patients with skin of color because it has a much lower risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation than lasers or peels and can be used on all skin types unless your medical provider determines otherwise.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Micropunctures are created using microneedles which produce a controlled skin injury triggering a release of growth factors, new collagen & elastin. This process causes much less damage to the epidermis than dermal rolling or lasers and other ablative treatments, which helps to protect the new skin cell growth, providing for quicker healing and a much higher success rate.
- We use a microneedling device called Collagin PIN. It utilizes a sterile disposable needle cartridge, holding either 12 or 36 micro-needles is glided across the skin with the microneedling device that mechanically induces a micro injury to the desired depth chosen for your skin by your medical provider. The microneedling creates micro channels which allows topicals and serums to reach the true targeted areas, producing a much more efficacious result.
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH MICRONEEDLING
How many Microneedling treatments will I need?
- Typically a series of 3-6 microneedling treatments is recommended, depending upon your area of correction or concern. Your skincare professional will ultimately determine a treatment schedule based on your individual goals and desires.
- Treatments are usually spaced in 4 week intervals.
- Patients with deep wrinkles, advanced sun damage, stretch marks, or any type of scars, usually require 6 or more treatments to achieve the desired results.
Will the microneedling procedure hurt?
- Prior to your microneedling treatment, the medical provider will apply a topical numbing agent. Most people say they feel almost nothing after having been pretreated with a topical numbing agent.
How long will it take for me to see results from my microneedling treatment?
- Most all patients see results after the first microneedling treatment. Individual results vary depending on individual skin health. It is most common to begin to see true changes or positive results as soon as 1-2 weeks after the first treatment. Many patients comment on positive changes in even less time. Often, change is noted within just a few days!!!
How long will my microneedling results last?
- Microneedling produces results through the stimulation of growth factors and collagen, thereby promoting new skin cells to surface. As our skin ages, our collagen production naturally slows down. Your overall result will last longer when using an at home skin care regimen that includes a daily Retinoid product. Your medical provider is best suited to make this recommendation. New collagen & elastin formation in the skin are documented as visually and measurably improved as much as one year after just one treatment. However, a series of treatments is typically recommended for best results.
What will I look like after my microneedling treatment?
- Microneedling is considered a no downtime treatment.
- Immediately after your treatment your skin will look slightly pink to moderately red. Your medical provider will recommend skin care products for your post care based on your individual skin, which will greatly minimize these symptoms and enhance your overall results.
Can I use Makeup after having my microneedling treatment?
- Directly after your treatment we recommend using only mineral based foundation, as it cannot build bacteria. You may go back to your regular foundation 4 days post treatment.