About BOTOX® Cosmetic
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most popular injectable treatment used to reduce wrinkles—for good reason.
Some facts to know are:
- The active ingredient in BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most studied product of its kind in history
- You shouldn’t look “fake” or lose the ability to make expressions when BOTOX® Cosmetic is administered by a skilled healthcare provider like Dr. Lee, and our other
experienced injectors PA Nancy and Nurse Sam.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic can treat wrinkles in the following facial areas:
– Between the brows (frown lines)
– Around the eyes (crow’s feet)
– Across the forehead
What to Expect with BOTOX® Cosmetic
Years of squinting and frowning can cause what experts call “dynamic wrinkles.” BOTOX® works by targeting the muscles that form these lines. This makes the wrinkles look softer and smoother. You should also know:
- A very fine needle is used to administer treatment; most people say it feels like a pin prick or acupuncture needles
- You can request a numbing cream or ice packs if you worry about discomfort
- Treatment is fast—from 5 minutes to 15 minutes depending on how many facial areas we treat
- There is NO downtime; you can return to your normal daily activities afterward
- You should not rub the treated areas for the first 24 hours
- Results start to appear within the first week and may last up to 3 to 4 months
BOTOX® Before & After Photos
Drag the sliders to view and compare before (left image) and after (at day 7, right image) photos.
Actual Halcyon Patient